The Inter City Fire Protection District is governed by a three-member Board of Directors who are elected in odd-numbered years to six-year, staggered terms.
The 2007-2009 Directors are Linda Kidd, David W. Shearer, and Gerald W. Cook, whose terms expire in 2015, 2013, and 2011, respectively.
Below are the qualifications to be a candidate for Director:
- Must be a U.S. citizen (Constitution Article VII, Section 8)
- Reside in Missouri one year preceding before election or appointment (Constitution Article VII, Section 8)
- Not federally employed (Constitution Article VII, Section 9)
- Not employed by a fire protection or ambulance district (RSMo 321.017)
- Shall be a voter of the District at least one year before the election or appointment (RSMo 321.130)
- Shall be over the age of twenty-five years (RSMo 321.130)
- Shall be a resident of the District (RSMo 321.130)
The Board elects a Secretary, Treasurer, and Chair, who is also the President of the District.
The Board also appoints a Budget Officer and Custodian of Records, as wells as selects an attorney and auditor.
The Board hires a Fire Chief to run operations, a Facility Manager to manage the building and grounds, and a District Manager to administer the District. The Board determines the mission and vision of the District; sets the budget; levies taxes; adopts standing rules, resolutions, ordinances, and policies; evaluates the performance of the District; and hears appeals from citizens and employees.
Meetings of the Board are held at 1702 Blue Ridge Boulevard, Blue Summit, Missouri, beginning at 6:00 p.m. on the second (2nd) Tuesday of each month. Agendas for the meetings are posted at the fire station in advance according to the Missouri Sunshine Law.
« Click here for meeting agendas