Home // District Incorporation

District Incorporation

 

The Inter City Fire Protection District is Jackson County’s
oldest fire protection district with origins back to the early 20th century. Originally the
District encompassed many square miles between the cities of Independence
and Kansas City-hence the name “inter city”.
Today the remaining unincorporated area is commonly referred to as Blue Summit
(click here for more Blue Summit history).

Although many early historical documents have been lost, the Inter-City Fire
Department (with hyphen) was registered for 10 years with the Missouri Secretary of State’s Office
in 1938. Sometime after 1943, the Inter-City Fire Department was
replaced by Public Fire District No. 1 of Jackson County, Missouri; however, in 1947,
the Circuit Court ordered the District’s name changed to the present day Inter
City Fire Protection District (no hyphen).

      · Click here
to see the March 4, 1936 Articles of Agreement for the Inter-City Fire Department
      · Click here
to see the March 4, 1936 Petition to the Circuit Court to incorporate the Inter-City Fire Department
      · Click here
to see the Circuit Court’s March 12, 1938 Order Incorporating the Inter-City Fire Department
      · Click here
to see the February 23, 1944 Petition to the Circuit Court to create Public Fire Protection District No. 1
      · Click here
to see the April 28, 1944 Decree from the Circuit Court incorporating Public Fire Protection District No. 1, pending voter approval
      · Click here
to see the August 11, 1944 Final Decree from the Circuit Court creating Public Fire Protection District No. 1
      · Click here
to see the Circuit Court’s September 12, 1947 order changing the name of Public Fire Protection District No. 1 to the Inter City Fire Protection District
      · Click here
to see the January 28, 1948 Expiration of Incorporation for the Inter-City Fire Department

« Return to the Home Page