Over time, the District has collected historical information on the Blue Summit area, often due to the generosity of the Kansas City Public Library and its Missouri Valley Special Collections.
Click on a link below for additional historical details.
- The history of the District
- The history of the Stark School
- A Biography of John K. Stark
- The history of the Blue Valley, including Pittsburg–Blue Summit’s first name
- The Stone Arch Bridge from the Northeast News
- The glory days of the Blue River from the Northeast News
- Charlie “Bird” Parker’s annual Muscial Tribute at his
grave site (click here for a map)
- Kansas City’s first African-American letter carrier: James Crews
- Inter City changes due annexation
- Blue Avenue renamed to Van Horn (later renamed Truman Rd)
- Blue Ridge Boulevard
- Truamn Road Dam (never built)